Pine Yamadori

Two years ago I found a scots pine that was cut at the top. There was still healthy growth at the bottom and there was also a huge potential for a future meter-sized bujin/literati.

IMG_0592

beginning to dig

IMG_0593

IMG_0594

it had a good amount of roots so survival looked good. I tried to keep as much of the mycorrhiza as I could

IMG_0597

To give you a size idea. My biggest tree yet, it also has an interesting deadwood branch and scar that points down. I wonder what happened there.

IMG_0637

12 days later, things are looking good but not out in the clear yet

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s